Sasha Keable & Jorja Smith Explore Self-Love In “Killing Me”
Written by Vocalo Radio on September 3, 2021
Sasha Keable and Jorja Smith transport listeners into another world with their Sept. 3 single “Killing Me.”
Sasha Keable and Jorja Smith are a force to be reckoned with. The pair’s powerhouse duet and orchestral instrumentals meld into an ethereal realm of deep emotion, depicted flawlessly by the single’s accompanied music video.
Central to the song’s theme are the ideals of emotional self-reliance and stability, echoed by the recurring lyrics “I need to be loved by myself / Before I’ll love someone else.”
“Killing Me” describes the mourning of love lost at the cost of self-preservation. Through the track Keable and Smith outline the necessity of prioritizing internal emotional states — making decisions on behalf of personal wellbeing while giving up a relationship no longer serving the same emotional needs it used to.
Stream “Killing Me” on Spotify now below.
Written by Morgan Ciocca
More from Vocalo:
- Go Back To High School With Nate Smith’s “KINFOLK 2: See The Birds”
- From The Vault (2017): Killer Mike Talks Protest Rap, Social Activism and Gentrification
- Pastor T.L. Barrett & The Royal Voices Of Life: Tiny Desk (Home) Concert
- Jill’s Top 5 In Rotation Tracks: September 2021
- In Rotation: September 2021