INTERVIEW: Vic Mensa Exists And Creates In The Present For A Better Future
Written by Vocalo Radio on March 22, 2021
Rapper, activist, organizer and Chicago native Vic Mensa is a force to be reckoned with.
From the activism present in his lyrics to his own SaveMoneySaveLife foundation (aimed at empowering and highlighting BIPOC voices across the city), Mensa uses the arts to foster a stronger, united world.
Bekoe virtually sat down with Vic Mensa to talk about lessons he’s learned in his dynamic career, SaveMoneySaveLife’s new initiatives and his newest project, I TAPE, releasing March 26.
You can watch the full interview below!
Follow Vic Mensa on Twitter and Instagram, and stream his music on Spotify below.
Interview by Bekoe
More From Vocalo:
- Woman Living at Hyde Park Bus Shelter Now On Hospice: Family Searches For Missing Funds
- Closing Weekend Of “not all realisms: photography, Africa and the long 1960s”
- Tarnynon Onumonu Uses Words As Tools To Heal
- León Larregui: un cierre memorable de Prismarama Tour en House of Blues Chicago
- Músicas Al Frente: GOTOPO