StoryCorps Chicago: ‘I Wish I’d Had The Opportunities That You Had’
Written by Vocalo Radio on January 6, 2021
Brendan Epton is 22 years old and works at a legal clinic in North Lawndale. One of his clients at the clinic is the same age: Dequarion Williams. In September 2020, the two recorded a remote StoryCorps interview together. Brendan started by asking Dequarion about growing up in North Lawndale.
This interview was recorded through a partnership with the Lawndale Christian Legal Center. It was facilitated by StoryCorps Chicago’s Amy Tardif.
Bill Healy produces StoryCorps Chicago for WBEZ and teaches journalism at Northwestern University. Follow him @chicagoan.
Written by Bill Healy for WBEZ.
More from Vocalo:
- Remembering The “Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll”: Tina Turner In Song
- Empowering Youth Through Art: The Simple Good’s Journey of Positivity and Transformation
- The Reel Critic Goes Under The Sea With ‘The Little Mermaid’
- Daisy Zamora Takes Healing Into Her Own Hands
- Mayoush Is Chicago’s Rising “Lebanese Soul Diva”