Omar Apollo’s Lovestruck Comeback
Written by Vocalo Radio on July 14, 2021
In new single, “Go Away,” contemporary R&B singer-songwriter Omar Apollo dives into the nuances of unrequited affection.
“Go Away” is Hobart, Indiana native Omar Apollo’s first release since 2020’s Apolonio, showcasing complex emotions surrounding a deep yearning for love. Co-produced by acclaimed producer Carter Lang and electro-funk duo Chromeo, the track is guided by slick synth beats, fluttering falsettos and heart-racing guitars.
With its lighter flair, this tune differs from the slower, deeper tones of Apolonio to create a sparkling dream world exemplified by the Jenna Marsh-directed music video.
Apollo is taking the stage at Lollapalooza July 30th, following a Lollapalooza “Aftershow” July 27th at the Metro with opener Serena Isioma. His North American tour launches Sept. 18 in Miami with support from Maye and Sofía Valdés. More information on the tour can be found on his website.
Follow Omar Apollo On Twitter and Instagram, and stream “Go Away” on Spotify below
Written by Genevieve Kyle
More From Vocalo:
- The Reel Critic Travels ‘Across The Spider-Verse’
- Woman Living at Hyde Park Bus Shelter Now On Hospice: Family Searches For Missing Funds
- Closing Weekend Of “not all realisms: photography, Africa and the long 1960s”
- Tarnynon Onumonu Uses Words As Tools To Heal
- León Larregui: un cierre memorable de Prismarama Tour en House of Blues Chicago