Free Spirit Media’s The Real Chi learning newsroom empowers young adults to change media narratives in Chicago.
Written by Vocalo Radio on April 23, 2019
The Real Chi is a learning newsroom program from Free Spirit Media. It’s based in the North Lawndale neighborhood and consists of participants ages 18-25 who report on everything from criminal justice reform to arts and culture. Glenance Green is the Deputy Director of Free Spirit Media and Lee Edwards is the Program Coordinator for The Real Chi. They spoke with Jill Hopkins about the program, its aim to change media narratives and give voices to communities, as well as how to get involved in the program.
Listen to our interview on The Morning AMp:
The Morning AMp airs weekdays 8-10 AM on 91.1 FM (Chi) and streaming on vocalo.org
More from Vocalo:
- The Reel Critic Travels ‘Across The Spider-Verse’
- Woman Living at Hyde Park Bus Shelter Now On Hospice: Family Searches For Missing Funds
- Closing Weekend Of “not all realisms: photography, Africa and the long 1960s”
- Tarnynon Onumonu Uses Words As Tools To Heal
- León Larregui: un cierre memorable de Prismarama Tour en House of Blues Chicago