Damon Young offers a personal account of being Black in America in new book
Written by Vocalo Radio on April 16, 2019
Damon Young is a writer, a cultural critic, a co-founder of Very Smart Brothas, and one of the most prominent Black voices on the internet. His first book is a memoir called “What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Blacker.” It is a collection of humorous and profound personal essays that reflect on the angst and the absurdities of life as a Black man in modern-day America.
Damon spoke with Jill Hopkins on The Morning AMp about some of those personal experiences, and what made the time right to write this book.
Listen to our conversation below:
The book is out and available in stores and online retailers.
More from Vocalo:
- Poised To Break Through: January 2022
- King Marie Is Taking The Throne
- From The Vault (2018): Jingles, Dilla Samples & Donny Hathaway with Bonnie Herman of Singers Unlimited
- For Faheem Majeed, Chicago Is His Blank Canvas
- Bekoe’s Top 5 “In Rotation” Picks: January 2022