Jaas Delves Into Soul-Filled Debut “Unavailable”
Written by Vocalo Radio on October 19, 2021
Chicago-based singer-songwriter Jaas released Unavailable on Oct. 18, a heartfelt EP filled with soul and pounding bass.
In a conversation with mornings host Bekoe, Jaas delves deep into her upbringing, a time marked by travel and change as she moved multiple states before ending up in Chicago. She describes how years singing in church from a young age laid the groundwork for her musical career, as well as her contemporary and ’90s R&B influences.
As Bekoe wrote in a review of her July 2020 single “Ring,” “Jaas’ vocals will instantly grab your attention and immediately captivate you. They’ll haunt you; they’ll speak to you and they’ll get to you. They certainly got to me.” These words continue to ring true as Jaas grows and progresses as an artist.
Follow Vocalo on Spotify and subscribe to our YouTube channel, and follow Jaas on Twitter and Instagram.
More from Vocalo:
- Remembering The “Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll”: Tina Turner In Song
- Empowering Youth Through Art: The Simple Good’s Journey of Positivity and Transformation
- The Reel Critic Goes Under The Sea With ‘The Little Mermaid’
- Daisy Zamora Takes Healing Into Her Own Hands
- Mayoush Is Chicago’s Rising “Lebanese Soul Diva”
Tagged as bekoe bekoe in conversation with featured Interview jaas